Monday, February 18, 2013

109 Days

 My life has turned into a countdown.
Imagine Dragons concert - 32 days
Spring Break - 42 days
The Great Gatsby - 81 days
And last but not least... Graduation. 109 days away.

I don't think anyone understands just how excited I am to finally graduate. High school is not the place for me. I'm pretty sure I have had senioritis since the second week of sophomore year. Honestly? My senior year has been the best of the last three. I've had better friends, made decisions for myself, and grown up a lot. I don't think I was expecting my high school experience to be anything like it was. I had always imagined my friends and I starting and finishing together. Me being captain of the soccer team, dating a super cute guy who would be getting ready to go on his mission while I was getting ready to go off to college with my soccer girls. I look back and just laugh at my old expectations. Now? I'm no longer friends with any of that group, I don't play soccer, I'm working to save money for my mission in the fall. Does it sound like the same plan to you? Because I'm pretty sure it's a complete 180.

I'm just ready to grow up. Everyone always says cherish your teenage years while you can. Be young, have fun. And I am! I'm definitely not ready to be married and have kids. There is time for that. I'm just ready to finally be out on my own. I'm tired of being home. My parents and I butt heads when it comes to even the simplest decisions. I think they are finally realizing that I'm 18 and will be moving out in a few months. I don't think they are ready for that. I'm just ready to get out of here. Out of my house, Syracuse, this same day-by-day routine I'm in.

No comments:

Post a Comment