Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Junior Year

Well here we are. At the close of another school year. And I am not ashamed to say I'm happy to see it go. This has been the craziest, most emotionally, mentally, and physically draining year of my life. Coming into this year, I thought it would be great. I would have all my friends, soccer would be perfect, and I would just be a regular teenage girl. Boy was I wrong! I don't know what happened, but people changed. And that's okay! Everyone does, and most of the time it is for the better. Personally, I know I changed A LOT. But it's made me a stronger person inside and out. I'm no longer friends with a lot of the people I was closest with. Would I do anything for them on anyday? Absolutely. Even if we don't talk now, they were a big part of my life and I'm always going to be there for them.
Emotionally...this year was hard for everyone is Davis Country. Specifically Clearfield and Syracuse High. Between losing our friends due to suicide, it took a toll on a lot of us. It made me realize that life is so fragile. You have to be conscious with everything you say to someone. You don't know the battles they are currently fighting. Tanner, Sam, Zack...you boys are always in my heart. I miss you all so much. I know you guys are looking over us though and sending us your love.
I lost my best friend this year. Nothing happened to him, we just grew apart. And it eats at me ever single day. I still have hope that one day we will work out our issues and be able to talk again. It's been officially three months since we've spoken. 9 years down the drain it feels like. I still love him to death. And he will always hold a special place in my heart that no one can fill. Love you, Broughykins. I hope you are doing well and everything is okay.
Soccer has been a whirlwind this year. High school season we should have dominated, but sadly struggled throughout the whole season. I definitely made some amazing friends and grew stronger. I've made the decision I am done with soccer. I don't have the drive for it anymore. I love my comp team with all my heart, but I don't love the sport. I've made the decision I am going to run cross country. I love it and I know I'm good at it. I think it will be such a good experience for me. I have one tournament with my comp team left.. we will see how it goes. It will be an emotional time for a lot of the girls. We are all sisters. We used to be so distant from each other, but now we all are so close. They were my best friends when I didn't like myself, my city, or my school.
Best friends always. I love my girls, my coach, and what I gave 11 years of my life to. I'm grateful for the experiences I had from this whole thing. I wouldn't take it back for anything.
It's not that school was hard this year. It was just draining. It seemed that no matter what, I couldn't agree with my Chemistry teacher. That took a toll on me and the entire class. No one wanted to be there. It seemed that everything just wore me out. Especially after having mono, strep, AND bronchitits. After that, I just couldn't focus. Those three months of being sick were horrible. I kept my grades up though, which I thought was a stressful task. I've come to the point where I wear jeans and a soccer shirt to school. And MAYBE mascara. I know, I've been looking lovely. But I just don't care anymore!
I'm so grateful for the gospel in my life. This year has been a test to see what I can live through. I don't know where I would be without the Church in my life. I'm in the middle of the Book of Mormon for the second time. I am catching things I didn't see or understand the first time I've gone through it. I'm grateful for a gospel that allows me to repent and know of the atonement. My life would be flipped all around with it as a steady rock.

Junior year, GOODBYE. It is time for us to part.. Thankfully. Summer? Be good to me. I want to be a teenager and have one of the most unforgettable summers yet. Senior year? Bring it on. :)

The happiness of life is made up of minute fractions—the little soon-forgotten charities of a kiss, a smile, a kind look, a heartfelt compliment in the disguise of a playful raillery, and the countless other infinitessimals of pleasurable thought and genial feeling.
-Samuel Taylor Coleridge

1 comment: