Wednesday, June 5, 2013

That's All She Wrote

And it's over. The hell I have had to go through for 3 years is officially OVER.

I'm in tears because I'm so happy.

No one ever tells you how bad high school really is. Catty girls, hard tests, failing grades, feeling inadequate. You are never prepared for it. But once you get to the end... you realize just how awesome you are and how strong you are.

I've been through my fair share of trials. Not saying they are greater or worse than anyone else's. I've lost my best friend of 10 years. I made some not great decisions with boys which led to rumors being spread about me. I didn't make the soccer team my senior year, which led to losing all of my soccer friends. I struggled my way through school, never measuring up to my parent's expectations. I went through depression. I had a time where I didn't want to be here anymore. I wanted to just quit and give up.

I used to be a brick. Not emotional at all. I used to be happy all the time. Boy, did high school change that! It was a whirlwind of emotions, not one like the other.

But you know what? I wouldn't trade any of it. Ever. The experiences that I had over the last three years are what have shaped me into the person I am today. I am stronger. I am independent. I'm not ashamed to stand up for what I believe in. I'm not embarrassed to share my opinions and thoughts with people. I stand up for myself and my friends. I have been able to open up to so many people and create some life-long friendships. I've found myself and who I want to be. I'm not trying to fit in with the crowd anymore.

I can thank high school for that.

Would I go back? No.
Would I give up anything I've gone through? No.
Would I change the results of some of my problems? Not really.

As much as some of these things sucked, I know that it is exactly what needed to happen to me. I had to go through hard things to prepare me for my later life.

If I didn't have my few best friends beside me these past few years, I would have never made it out alive. My best friends have stood beside me through everything. Even when I was a wreck, they picked me back up and told me to keep going. I love them and all that they have ever done for me.

I won't see about 90 percent of these kids that I went to school with ever again. And I'm so grateful. I didn't like Syracuse. I hated it so much, I almost transferred to Clearfield. I'm so glad I stayed. It was hard, but so worth it. The class of 2013 is the funnest class I have ever had the privilege of knowing. We had school spirit, stuck by each other, supported each other, and didn't care about social barriers. Our football boys loved the special ed. students. Our whole school supported the productions kids. We make the best student section in the state during football season. We had the best senior prank to ever happen to our school.

Syracuse High School might not have been my ideal place to be for the last three years, but it's where I grew up. It's the kids that I've known since I was 6. It's home, now. I'm grateful for the teachers, students, and the school. I'm grateful for the lessons and experiences I've had while attending SHS.

So, world. I'm asking right now...

Are you ready for the Class of 2013 to graduate? I know we are.

1 comment:

  1. High school sucks in general...but it helps you figure out who you want to be for the rest of your life.

    ReplyDelete