Monday, August 15, 2011

He's Here!

Who, may you ask?

Why...only my best friend in the whole wide world!

Yes, indeed, it is Trevor Rasmussen!


We have been best friends since 3rd grade.
Our story is that we met in Spectrum, an advanced placement schooling class.
We were about 8 or 9 years old.
We had that class together..then 4th grade.. Even 5th grade. We ironically had 6th grade together. Same teachers, same classes, same best friend.

We moved onto Junior High together. We didn't get to talk as much, but we never wavered as being best friends. 

He sadly moved at the end of 8th grade to Maryland. One of the hardest things I've had to do was say goodbye to him.

He visited last year in July. I wasn't able to see him, because I was in California for a soccer tournament. You can imagine how hard that was for me.. I'd have to wait another year to *hopefully* see him.

This year, his family got the opportunity to come out and visit again.

I have been planning on seeing him for months now.

And today was the day he came to visit me.

I was shaking when I saw him. It had been 2 years to long. 

We hugged, I cried, we hugged some more. 

We went to visit our old friend Josh Brough. 

It was always us three. Trevor, Josh, and I. All the way through elementary school. Those two were my best friends and I'd trust them with anything. Once we started talking...it was like old times. Like nothing had changed. I missed it so much. 

Even though he lives states and hours away, I still am close to this kid. I'm so grateful that I got to grow up with him. He is a big part of my life, even if we don't see each other a ton. I adore him and can't wait to see him again. 

Today was the best day I've had in a LONG time.

 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment