Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Time and Time Again

I've been told, time and time again, the same things.

Be grateful for what you have.
Have a positive attitude.
Live your life to the fullest.
Don't settle for second best.
Always have faith and trust.
Do good.

I think I'm finally understanding why people tell me these things. In short, this last year has not been the best. It's been rough. Between injuries, catty girls, grades slipping up in math class, and other things, it's been hard to deal with. But with help from my friends and family and church leaders...I have a feeling this year is going to be better. Starting out as a junior didn't sound to fun. It would be the year that I'd take my major classes, and I would always be about school. Right now is when we have to start looking at college, and I didn't think I was ready for it.
It's been a week and a half since my junior year has officially started. And so far...it's already a million and one times better. Even if I don't have the same plans, same friends, or even same dreams that I used to, I have  a better look at life.
I'm making the decision now to have a positive attitude about this year. I want to look at my classes and say, yes they may not be the highest classes, but they are the classes that I know I can get through if I work and keep up on my studies. I want to look at people I used to be friends with, and still think of them as wonderful children of God.I want to go through this soccer season, knowing that my team is going to dominate and that we can really go the whole way.
This year is going to be my year. I am going to do whatever I can to experience the life of a teenager. Go to parties, make life long friends, find out who I really am.
Some days will be rough. I know that. But in the end, I know what I'm supposed to be doing, and where I am supposed to be going. That is what will keep me pushing until the end.

I hope someone out there reads this. I hope it is something they can use in their own life. Don't be afraid to take chances this (school) year.

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”


I know this year may seem rough, but you can do it. I believe in you out there. I believe in myself. That's all you can ask for at the end of the day.

1 comment:

  1. You amaze me, girl! You have such strength and desire to do the best you can. Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete