Sunday, September 25, 2011

Thank You

That is all there is to say.
For years, we've grown up with the same young women leaders.
Today, they were released from their callings.
I don't think I have ever seen so many girls and leaders crying that much.

Change is so hard.
Especially with this. We have two leaders who we have really grown with.
Lindsay and Lisa. They were with us through everything.
From starting Jr. High and High school, to boys and family problems.
Saying goodbye to them was so hard.

We love our leaders. We look up to them so much.
We are more of a family and friends, not just a group.
They treat us like individuals and care for us in their own way.
I don't know what I would have done without some of these women.

The new leaders will be great.
I'm excited to see what they will do.
But still..
Why does goodbye have to be so hard?
I'm not ready for change.
I love my leaders, my friends, the women I call my 'other mothers'.
Today was hard, but I know there is a reason they had to be released.

We love you, Heritage Ward Young Womens

3 comments:

  1. It really was a hard day... I love them so much. ♥ I love you Court.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the kind words, Courtney. You have a special place in my heart, as you were one of my first girls in the 5th ward. We had some fun times, huh? You always amazed me with you mature outlook on life. You'll go far!

    ReplyDelete