Monday, November 28, 2011

Big Sister

I finally got a letter from my 'big sister' Brianna.
In July, she left for the Knoxville, Tennessee Mission for The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Later-Day Saints.
She is about 5 years older than me, but she has always been one of my best friends. When I was little, she adopted me as another sister. I have always looked up to her for being so strong, and being herself. She has been there for me through anything. I don't have any older siblings, so she was truly my sister.
Coming home today for lunch, I saw a letter on the table addressed to me. I freaked out. It was from her! I opened it and was so excited. In the letter, she wrote about how she was thinking about me, and how I needed some help with things. Its crazy, because I was in the process of writing her a letter already.
She is such an example to me. She has gone through a lot in her life, yet she always made it through. I'm grateful for the decision she made to go on a mission. It gives me more drive to better myself in the gospel, and want to share it.
I miss my 'big sister' and I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father sent me her way. I needed her in my life, and she will always be one of my best friends.
I'm so proud of her, and can't wait to see her in about a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment