Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A Good Pair Of Jeans And A T-Shirt

I love the nights where that is all you need. Throw on your favorite pair of jeans, a big t-shirt, and you are set. Not doing your hair, don't worry about make up, just get dressed and go. That is how it should be. Hassle-free.
I had such a fun night tonight with some friends that I don't hang out with to much anymore. It was great! Random conversations in the basement, boys in funny soldier outfits, quick runs to 7-11, Zoolander, and catching up on old times and fun memories. I am grateful for the friendships that I have made. I'm also grateful for the friendships I've lost. While sometimes it seems like they were needed at the time, I realized they don't matter. If they were supposed to be in my life, I would have been with them on a night like tonight. The people I was with tonight are amazing. I look up to each and every one of them. They are such examples to not only me, but people they meet everyday. Things have been rocky, but I think they are starting to look up.
One person I have to say I am so so grateful for, is my friend Trevor Dickson. We went through a rough patch where we weren't super close, and didn't talk a ton. But this last month has changed. We talk almost every day. We see each other at least once a week, it feels like. I can tell him anything. I know he is always there for me, and I am so thankful for him. And I'm grateful that Emily introduced us about a year (give or take a few months) ago. I don't know what I would do without some of these people in my life.

1 comment: