Friday, May 20, 2011

Decisions, Decisions

Sitting here in class, I'm thinking about things that need to be decided.
I have the oppurtunity to try out for a different soccer team, The Strikers. I've been offered a spot, offered a captians badge (if any of you know me, that's what I'm best at), and a starting position I want. ANY position I want.
But I'm starting to fall in love with my original team, The Ogden Outlaws again. For the past few months, I have been going through so many trials. Not getting my starting spot in a tournament, girls quitting, friends leaving the team, and my coach was taking a lot of his anger out on me. I went through a lot, and it didn't seem fair to me. Girls wanted my spot and he let them take it. I wanted to just quit soccer all together. But now, these last few games we have been in, I've gotten better. Mike told me he was so ecstatic with how I have been playing. He has been waiting for me to start dominating again, and that's what I'm doing. Our game against Avalanche on Tuesday was a hard one. Out of all 11 players on our field, Mike stopped..yelled "Hamilton!"..and stood and started clapping. He has never once done that for another player. He compliments me now, he treats me like an important part of the team again. I don't know if it's just because I told him I was done with all the stress he put me through, or if he really is impressed by me now. He is PROUD of me now.

So as you can see, I'm at a crossroads.
Choose the team that is a division lower than us, where I don't know anyone and it's not as serious.
Or the team I've grown up with and through the trials and tribulations things are starting to look up again.

When the decision is made, you'll be the first to know. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I say the team you've grown up with and have the trials and tribulations with. It may be hard, but in the end, I think it would be with it! But you know me... just pray about it! :)

    ReplyDelete