Saturday, May 21, 2011

It's been a rough day

"There are those women of misfortune laden with despair, sorrow, lack of love at home, or the guilt and consequences from having trodden in forbidden paths. Away from the community of the Saints, where succor can be provided, they await being befriended by one in whom they can confidently place their injured trust and who can restore their self-esteem and tenderly accompany them back to truth and light.
There are many sweet, faithful daughters of our Heavenly Father who bless our lives. May we better understand them  and be as sensitive to their needs as was the Savior when He instinctively sensed the touching of the hem of His garment and the faith of a long-diseased woman behind Him. As Jesus said to her, so may our actions affirm to our noble sisters: "Daughter, be of good comfort" (Matt. 9:22)"

I won't go into detail, it's to personal. But tonight, I went over to my best friend (Joshua Parker Brough)'s house. I don't know what caused me to start, but I randomly started crying when he asked if I was okay. There is a lot of stuff that has gone on that I've been struggling with. I don't know why I felt pressed to tell him all of it. I bawled my eyes out for a little over an hour. Josh just sat and listened, and listened some more. After I had caught him up on stuff and had finally stopped crying...he said he wouldn't be the person he is today if it weren't for me. Of course, I started crying again. This kid has helped me through so much, and I wanted to thank him. When I got home, he sent me the quote listed above(^). That made me cry...yet again.

Thank you to my best friend in the whole world. I don't think he realizes it, but he is the greatest example I have. I doubt you'll read this Broughykins, but I just wanted to tell you I love you. Thank you for listening to me complain and whine for an hour. It meant a lot, and I don't think I can ever say thank you enough. You're the best, and I'm so thankful and lucky to have a friend like you.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you have good friends to lean on. :) Know that I'm always hear too if you need a listening ear. You're a great girl. Never forget it! Love ya!
    Ang

    ReplyDelete