Sunday, May 29, 2011

What I See In You

We all have a different perspective of the world, people, and life in general.

"..The tragic or the humorous is a matter of perspective.."
- Arnold Beisser
Things can go bad, or change into completely hilarious moments...How do you see them?

What is the first thing you do when you see someone?  You judge them. No matter how hard you try not to, you do it. What do you think when you see them?
I have a straightforward perspective or "judgement" when it comes to some people.
My friends, for example. When I look at them, I judge them by how they act or what they do and say.
My friends are the greatest people I know. I look up to them. When you see a group of teenagers, normally people get annoyed. When you look at the people I am with, I can see the light of Christ in them. They care so much for the gospel, and for the Savior. Taking a look at the individuals I interact with, I notice their attitudes. You don't hear them harping on someone that isn't in our group, or just like us. They care abut others.
I am proud to say that they can take a bad situation, and turn it to good. They make you feel safe. They make you feel welcome. These are the people I am with most of the time. As they say, "You can't judge a book by its cover". It's true. If you were to judge a group of about five girls and fifteen plus boys, you would think they were annoying. Thats where our perspective changes. I can see kids of the church, with warm hearts and open arms. I can see young adults that are going through hard, difficult situations and are trying their hardest. I see a group of friends that believes in staying close and being there for each other. I couldn't ask for better people to be friends with. They teach me so much, and they are examples to others.

Don't forget...Others have a perspective of you too. How do you want to be seen? As a quiet, shy person? Or someone who isn't afraid to be themselves? Present yourself how you want to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment