Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Why Do We Have To Grow Up?

Its hitting me hard right now. . .
We are all growing up to fast. School is ending, competitive soccer is coming to a close in a few months, friends are moving on and leaving.
Why does it have to be so hard to let go of the things we love?
I'm not ready to grow up. I like the fact that we are all young, naive, and have crazy adventures. I'm not ready to give all of that up. I want to stay young and random.
Remember the times we all liked each other?
Everyone was friends?
The hardest thing about saying goodbye, was you weren't done with your game yet?
We will always remember the moments of fun, love, pain, fear, regret, and hope. But I'm not ready to just 'remember' those times. I want to keep making them and experiencing them as a teenager.
Let me make mistakes and learn from them.
We can't all be perfect, and we need room to realize what we mess up on.
I know growing up is part of life, obviously. But I don't want to grow up so fast. I want to take time and let it all sink in. This is the time that we should be living to the fullest.
Why does it have to be so hard to let go of it all?
We are only Sophmores in high school. . . How are we supposed to know exactly what we want to do in 10 years?

Growing up will be worth it in the long run, but just give me time to be a kid.

1 comment:

  1. I still feel the same way Court :) except now instead of high school it's life before marriage. Everyone is growing up and moving on. Cherish the moments you have, and cling to them. You have plenty of time before you have to grow up. I am 21 and still haven't totally haha. It's tough, but enjoy it while it lasts. Life moves quick! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete