Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Fake It 'Til You Make It

I have an example in my life. Brianna Brough! She is seriously one of my best friends and she is such an example to me. I look up to her and turn to her for anything. After all of these lovely friend dilemma's I've been having, I needed someone to talk to. She has been through anything you can imagine. Her biggest peace of advice? "Fake it 'til you make it"

So you know what? I'm not going to let them get the best of me. They can't tear me down. With all that people throw at me, I know I can take it. In my patriachal blessing, it says that when the time comes, I will be standing with my armor ready to fight. I have a feeling it's time. I have to keep my true friends close, and I can't forget who I am. If I don't change who I am, I will come out on top. You think you can change me? You think you can hit me over and over again and I'll be ok with that? 1. You can't change who I am. And 2. You don't have any right to judge me, when you've done similar things. I have tried to work it out with you and make the best of our summer and our high school career. You obviously don't care.

NEITHER DO I.

Marilyn Monroe has said, "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."   

It's my life, I'll live it how I want. I am strong. I am independent. I am capable of making my life the best it can be, and you can't change it.

Next time you see me, even when I'm not feeling the best, I will fake it and show you that you haven't affected me at all. I have my true friends. The people that wouldn't leave my side. And they treat me like an individual. We have our differences, but they accept me. So you can go on and change who you are. That's your own personal choice and it'll hopefully be the best for you. I will fake it, until I make it out of high school, and out of these silly little games we keep playing.

Good luck to you out there. The struggle and heartache isn't worth my time.

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    We don't know each other, and I hope you don't think this is creepy of me. I found your blog through a comment that you had left on another blog that I read. But for some reason, I felt like I should put my two cents in so you could hear it from someone who is not involved in the situation. An outsider's point of view.
    If you really are done worrying about these high school girls then quit dwelling on it. Accept it and move on. From what I have read in your previous posts you keep saying your done and you're ready to move on.. well do it! Don't let these girls read about you hurting and suffering because they are going to hurt you even more for it. It sounds like you have people who ARE your friends and who DO care so stick with them. Keep the past behind you and move forward. If you feel like you need to be friends with the people that have hurt you, consider the whole situation and fix it with them, if you still feel the need to. I don't think talking about it on the internet is going to get you anywhere.
    I don't know everything, or both sides of the story. I have been through this a time or two before, I thought that I should tell you anyway.I hope this wasn't out of line, or that I have hurt your feelings in the process of telling you this. I just couldn't let myself NOT say something when I needed to.
    Good luck out there,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I'm grateful for your comment, really, I am! I can totally see where you are coming from. All in all, this is like my journal, so it's where I feel comfortable to vent. And the girls I worry about don't even read it so it's not as if I am trying to start problems with them. Thank you for your input, and I can honestly tell you, this is a turning point for me. You can be sure that my posts will be about life and fun, and finally happy again. But thanks!!

    ReplyDelete