Friday, June 10, 2011

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly?

6 letters that affect every aspect of your life.
C H A N G E
Personally? Not a big fan of it. This year, it honestly killed me. Changing from 9th grade to 10th grade was huge. We were finally in high school, with all the big, bad, juniors and seniors. We changed friends. We changed classes. I don't think much stayed the same. Is it good? Yes. Don't get me wrong, its a fabulous thing to have a change of pace and a change of outlook. But I still find it terrible and scary. I went into the year with about 6 best friends. We were tighter than tight, closer than close. That all changed immediately. We all changed with our sports. Whether it was soccer, golf, cheer, dance...We all changed. People got busy. We met new friends. We wanted to stay close. Did it happen? Not for all of us. I switched "best friends" so many times over the year. The ones that have stayed through everything? Yeah, they are true to me. Out of my group of 7, we all still talk. We don't hang out that much. Unless its a huge party. Am I ok with that? Somewhat. I have other friends that I'm closer and more friendly with now. I miss the old times. If things hadn't of changed, it would have made this year a lot easier. 
The switch happened. I officially quit the Ogden Outlaws. Hardest thing I have ever had to do. I took Mike my bag with all my supplies...said goodbye to him. Then Britt came up to me. She was one of my best friends from that team. She started crying, I started crying. It was just a big cry fest. I love that girl, and she is going to go far in whatever she does! Changing teams has kind of sucked. I don't know the Strikers to well yet, so it's awkward.  They are a division lower. And a lot different from Outlaws...What have I gotten myself into?
There has been a change in my health. My hips and knees are getting worse again. I'm so sick of this. Just get better soon so I can run and play! 

Arnold Bennett said:
"Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts."
I agree completely. The change can seem good in the moment, and then come the difficulties. We have to learn to accept it, and just know its a way of life. Stuff happens, and you have to roll with the punches. I've learned that lately, and it's the piece of mind that is keeping me from going crazy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment